Dad's Chicken On the Grill
His secret is in this simple dunking sauce.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largebottle wish bone italian salad dressing
How to Make Dad's Chicken On the Grill
- Place all together in saucepan and place on stove.
Start heat on High
- Heat to a roiling boil then
-reduce heat to medium-high
- Cook, stirring and watching so that it doesn't boil over..keep the heat down just enough to keep the sauce from boiling over. I call it a medium boil.
- You want to keep this on the stove like this for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves
Add a set of meat tongs to the pan and take it outside to the grill.
Dad always kept a piece of aluminum foil on top of the pan to keep the flys away from it.
- I don't know Dad's secret for grilling his chicken except that he:
-grills it part of the way first before ever dunking any
-flips the pieces every 5-7 min or so
-dunks each piece into the sauce pot every time he flips it
*the saucepan is NOT kept on/in the grill
*takes nearly an hour to cook a grill full of chicken
- I FOUND THIS AT www.realsimple.com
Bone-in Chicken Breasts, Thighs, and Drumsticks
Cooking time: Indirect heat, covered, turning occasionally, 40 to 50 minutes
Internal temperature*: 160° to 165° F