Creamy Lemon Chicken ( lowfat)
I do not like diets they often fail.
I just make healthier versions of favorites.
4-5 mediumboneless skinless chicken breasts/ cut into chunks
1 mediumorange or red sweet pepper slices into strips
1 mediumonion sliced ( sweet type)
3 clovefresh garlic minced
1 can(s)13 ounce chicken broth or stock
1/2 can(s)2% evaporated milk
1 Tbspfresh lemon peel
·the juice of the lemon used for the peel
1 tsppoultry seasoning( i love paul prudome chicken one best)
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL TO BROWN CHICKEN ( A FEW TABLESPOONS)
How to Make Creamy Lemon Chicken ( lowfat)
- Brown the chicken in a little of the oil
- Add onions and peppers and sauté
Add garlic and stir in do not allow garlic to burn
- Add seasoning and stir in then add the chicken broth
- Now add lemon peel and simmer until chicken pieces are done
- Add juice of the lemon used for the peel.
- Simmer about. 15 minutes
- Turn off the stove .
Stir in the evaporated 2% milk
Stir in completely until creamy
- Mix some cornstarch into water to create a paste
Stir into the sauce to thicken it.
- I like this on brown rice but you can serve it on noodles or pasta .