Creamy Cajun Chicken Andouille
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb
- chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 lb
- andouille sausage (the package i had was about 13.5 ounces)
- 1 tsp
- garlic (to taste)
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- cajun seasoning (i use mccormick) i like to use 1 tablespoon, if you like it extra hot though, you can add a little more.
- white onion
- bell peppers (red, orange, and/or yellow)
- 3 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 2 or more c
- cooked penne noodles (or whatever noodle you prefer)
How to Make Creamy Cajun Chicken Andouille
- 1Cut chicken and andouille sausage into bite sized pieces. Slice bell peppers and onions.
- 2Saute chicken until almost done, then add andouille sausage, onions, bell peppers, cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until bell peppers are soft. (warning: your kitchen will smell amazing!)
- 3Add permesan and heavy cream. Cook until sauce thickens. The cream will boil hard but it has to or it wont thicken.
- 4Add cooked pasta at the end, or if you prefer, serve it over cooked pasta. :)