4boneless skinless chicken breasts (large)
125ml italian salad dressing
125ml peach jam or 125 ml apricot jam or marmalade
1/4cup dry onion soup mix
1cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2tablespoons sherry or white wine (optional)
How to Make Chicken Surprise
- Marinate chicken overnight in salad dressing. (do not discard dressing).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay marinated chicken in baking dish and pour dressing over top.
- Smear chicken with jam and sprinkle the mushrooms and onion soup mix over the chicken.
- Season with pepper and drizzle sherry over top of everything.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven covered for 55 minutes, then remove cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.