- boneless skinless chicken breasts (large)
- ml italian salad dressing
- ml peach jam or 125 ml apricot jam or marmalade
- cup dry onion soup mix
- cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2
- tablespoons sherry or white wine (optional)
How to Make Chicken Surprise
- 1Marinate chicken overnight in salad dressing. (do not discard dressing).
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Lay marinated chicken in baking dish and pour dressing over top.
- 4Smear chicken with jam and sprinkle the mushrooms and onion soup mix over the chicken.
- 5Season with pepper and drizzle sherry over top of everything.
- 6Cook in a 350 degree oven covered for 55 minutes, then remove cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.