☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1-2 cchicken breast, bite-size pieces
1 pkground ravioli (aldi brand), frozen
1 jar(s)15 oz alfredo sauce (aldi brand or other), canned
1 can(s)4 oz mushroom stems & pieces, canned; drained
1-2 citalian cheese, grated
How to Make Chicken Round Ravioli Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350; spray/grease a 13x9 pan, set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts in water in a saucepan (I usually add some cooking sherry) OR use leftover grilled/roasted chicken meat. Cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare ravioli according to pkg instructions--but leave them a bit firm as they continue cooking in the oven; drain, rinse and place ONE LAYER in prepped pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix alfredo sauce, chicken pieces (if used) & drained mushrooms; pour HALF over the pasta in the pan. **I also added enough water to swish out the alfredo jar--probably about a half cup?--to be a bit juicier sauce.**
- Sprinkle with about 1/3 of the cheese; add remaining pasta in a layer, cover with remaining sauce-chicken-mushroom mixture.
FINISH with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until bubbly. Serve immediately.
- ALTERNATIVE: Add coarsely chopped & sauteed onion to kick up the flavor buds!