☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1-2 c
- chicken breast, bite-size pieces
- 1 pkg
- round ravioli (aldi brand), frozen
- 1 jar(s)
- 15 oz alfredo sauce (aldi brand or other), canned
- 1 can(s)
- 4 oz mushroom stems & pieces, canned; drained
- 1-2 c
- italian cheese, grated
How to Make Chicken Round Ravioli Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350; spray/grease a 13x9 pan, set aside.
- 2Cook chicken breasts in water in a saucepan (I usually add some cooking sherry) OR use leftover grilled/roasted chicken meat. Cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- 3While chicken is cooking, prepare ravioli according to pkg instructions--but leave them a bit firm as they continue cooking in the oven; drain, rinse and place ONE LAYER in prepped pan.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix alfredo sauce, chicken pieces (if used) & drained mushrooms; pour HALF over the pasta in the pan. **I also added enough water to swish out the alfredo jar--probably about a half cup?--to be a bit juicier sauce.**
- 5Sprinkle with about 1/3 of the cheese; add remaining pasta in a layer, cover with remaining sauce-chicken-mushroom mixture.
FINISH with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake for 30-45 minutes until bubbly. Serve immediately.
- 7ALTERNATIVE: Add coarsely chopped & sauteed onion to kick up the flavor buds!