chicken pot pie
- 4 medium
- chicken breast filets
- 1 bunch
- broccoli florets
- 1 bag(s)
- small baby carrots
- 6 medium
- ears of corn
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken
- 1 can(s)
- cheese soup
- 2 c
- italian cheese mix (shredded cheese)
- bay leaf
- bush of cilantro
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- chicken seasoning
- 5 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- chilli powder
- 1 pkg
- pre made pie crust
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make chicken pot pie
- 1This calls for 3 pots for boiling & 1 glass pan. (That's what I use to make it).
Shuck the 2 ears of corn and raise then place into a pot with water.
After washing off the carrots place then into the pot with the corn. Then start to boil.
Peel the taters and cube them then place in a smaller pot the taters with water. Then bring to a boil.
Place the chicken filets into a another pot with water & place 1 bay, 1/2 bush of cilantro, 1 tbsp dill in with the chicken then bring to a boil.
After that wash the broccoli and cut the stalk off & make smaller pieces.
All pot should have a lid on them. & should boil for 15 mins at least. But no more than that. Still have a crisp to them. They will cook down more in the oven.
- 2Once you have the broccoli cut and the corn & carrots came to a boil turn off the flame and place the broccoli into the water. ( make sure you push them down into the water then recover)
- 3Drain the water out off the chicken and place on cutting board ( let it cool down) and set aside.
Now turn off your taters.
While your stove top is no longer needed its time to preheat your oven to 400°.
- 4Next you need a big mixing bowl. Open 1 can of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken & cheese soup. Pour those into the mixing bowl mix together. Now it the time to drain the vegetables into a strainer remove the baby carrots & cut into small pieces. Place the carrots into the mixing bowl and put the broccoli in there too.
- 5With the 2 ears of corn make sure you have a bowl to place the corn. Use a knife & cut the corn off the husk. ( don't burn yourself). After you have shaved off the corn place it into the mixing bowl.
- 6Peel the garlic cloves & slice then place into the mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of shredded cheese and mix.
Next chuck/shred the chicken and place into the mixing bowl. After I do 2 chicken breast I add the 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning and 1 tbsp of chilli powder. Then finish shredding the rest of the chicken.
Next add the other can of cream of mushroom & cream of chicken.
- 7Once it is all mixed up place onto a baking dish. After spreading it out top with the last cup of shredded cheese.
Next is to put the pie crust on the top and cut slips into the dough for it to breath. Then use a brush to brush the top of the crust with the butter.
Place into oven for 1 hour after that hour is up & you can see it is boiling turn off the oven but leave it in there for another 30 mins. Take out.
Then cut and serve (we put sour cream over top of ours but not necessary)