CHICKEN & PENNE GORGONZOLA
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
- 1 pkg
- (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 1 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 c
- white wine
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- 2 c
- (8 oz.) crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8
- fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
How to Make CHICKEN & PENNE GORGONZOLA
- 1Cook the penne according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on all sides.
- 2Add garlic to chicken and cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink.
- 3Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese melts.
- 4Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley.