chicken n dumplings
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cbuttermilk ( you can sub homogenized milk )
2 qtchicken broth
3 ccooked chicken cut up
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion powder
2chicken bouillon cubes
How to Make chicken n dumplings
- cook chicken ( I use 2 good sized breasts boiled in 2 quarts of water with garlic, onion powder and 1 bay leaf and 2 chicken bullion cubes ..this makes the broth needed.. add more water to it after cooking chicken and removing it to make 2 quarts)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients
- Stir in the milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- Heavily flour a work surface.
Roll the dough out thin with a heavily floured rolling pin. cut into 2 x 2 squares ( they do not have to be perfect squares)
- put square dumplings on a heavily floured plate. Just keep flouring between the layers of dumplings.
- bring the broth to a boil. Drop the dumplings in one at a time, stirring while you add them.
The extra flour (about 3-4 Tablespoons) on them will help thicken the broth. Cook them for about 15-20 minutes or until they not doughy tasting
- Add the cooked chicken to the pot and you’re done! ENJOY!