chicken n dumplings
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 pinch
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- buttermilk ( you can sub homogenized milk )
- 2 qt
- chicken broth
- 3 c
- cooked chicken cut up
- 1 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- bay leaf
- chicken bouillon cubes
How to Make chicken n dumplings
- 1cook chicken ( I use 2 good sized breasts boiled in 2 quarts of water with garlic, onion powder and 1 bay leaf and 2 chicken bullion cubes ..this makes the broth needed.. add more water to it after cooking chicken and removing it to make 2 quarts)
- 2In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients
- 3Stir in the milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- 4Heavily flour a work surface.
Roll the dough out thin with a heavily floured rolling pin. cut into 2 x 2 squares ( they do not have to be perfect squares)
- 5put square dumplings on a heavily floured plate. Just keep flouring between the layers of dumplings.
- 6bring the broth to a boil. Drop the dumplings in one at a time, stirring while you add them.
The extra flour (about 3-4 Tablespoons) on them will help thicken the broth. Cook them for about 15-20 minutes or until they not doughy tasting
- 7Add the cooked chicken to the pot and you’re done! ENJOY!