Chicken in New Orleans Wine Sauce
The best part is that this recipe is so easy!!!! Please if you like lots of sauce, double the sauce portion of the recipe...also if you prefer your veggies well done, saute them before adding to the dish.
Hope you will enjoy, thank You.
- large chicken breast fillets
- tablespoons flour
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon paprika
- tablespoons butter
- cup white wine (may use water)
- teaspoon chicken bouillon
- cup water
- teaspoon poultry seasoning
- bay leaf
- cups mushrooms, sliced
- cup onion, diced
- cup celery, diced
- cup carrot, diced
- cup sour cream
- cup green pepper, diced, for garnish (optional)
- cup parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Chicken in New Orleans Wine Sauce
- 1Rinse chicken and dry.
- 2Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika together.
- 3Dredge chicken in this mixture and reserve leftover mixture for later use.
- 4Melt 2 tbsp butter in pan and brown chicken breasts both sides and set aside.
- 5Melt remaining butter, stir in remaining flour mixture, add wine and stir until smooth.
- 6Add to wine mixture chicken bouillon, water, poultry seasoning, bay leaf, mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery.
- 7Add chicken and simmer covered for 25- 30 minutes.
- 8Once chicken is cooked, remove and add sour cream and cook until heated through.
- 9When ready to serve pour sauce over chicken and garnish with green pepper and parsley.