Chicken Fried Rice and Sweet and sour sauce
When meal planning for the week I plan on having extra leftover rice to use in this.... Whenever I cook Chicken Fried Rice for a potluck people ALWAYS ask for my recipe.. so here it is ! enjoy!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
Tbspoil as needed
2 - 3 slicebacon.chopped to med-fine
4 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
2 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut into 1/3 inch pieces
2 Tbspchopped garlic (i use the prechopped in a jar)
1 Tbspfresh ginger.grated (freezeing it will make it easier to grate)
3-4 c, leftover white rice
1 bag(s)frozen (16 oz.)mixed vegetables
1/2 bunchgreen onion,sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice and Sweet and sour sauce
- marinade chopped chicken breasts in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- fry eggs in a small amount of oil until set. flip over and cook until other side is cooked. remove and chop into small pieces. set aside.
- Fry bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, set aside.
- Fry chicken in bacon drippings until no longer pink in the middle. Remove and set aside.
- Fry rice on med high heat in drippings until tan in color, stirring as needed. adding a small amount of oil if needed .
- add frozen vegetables and cover.
cook on med-high until vegetables are crisp tender. stirring as needed .
- Add chicken, green onions, bacon and eggs . Toss and serve.
- For E-Z sweet and sour sauce combine:
1 cup catlina salad dressing
1 cup pineapple juice
2 Teaspoons cornstarch.
heat until thickened.