Chicken Fried Rice and Sweet and sour sauce
When meal planning for the week I plan on having extra leftover rice to use in this.... Whenever I cook Chicken Fried Rice for a potluck people ALWAYS ask for my recipe.. so here it is ! enjoy!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 large
- oil as needed
- 2 - 3 slice
- bacon.chopped to med-fine
- 4 Tbsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 large
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut into 1/3 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped garlic (i use the prechopped in a jar)
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh ginger.grated (freezeing it will make it easier to grate)
- 1/2 tsp
- 3-4 c
- , leftover white rice
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen (16 oz.)mixed vegetables
- 1/2 bunch
- green onion,sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice and Sweet and sour sauce
- 1marinade chopped chicken breasts in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- 2fry eggs in a small amount of oil until set. flip over and cook until other side is cooked. remove and chop into small pieces. set aside.
- 3Fry bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, set aside.
- 4Fry chicken in bacon drippings until no longer pink in the middle. Remove and set aside.
- 5Fry rice on med high heat in drippings until tan in color, stirring as needed. adding a small amount of oil if needed .
- 6add frozen vegetables and cover.
cook on med-high until vegetables are crisp tender. stirring as needed .
- 7Add chicken, green onions, bacon and eggs . Toss and serve.
- 8For E-Z sweet and sour sauce combine:
1 cup catlina salad dressing
1 cup pineapple juice
2 Teaspoons cornstarch.
heat until thickened.