☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largechicken or 2 skinless, boneless breast
2 can(s)hunts sauce
1 can(s)hunts crushed tomatoes
1 smallhunts tomato paste
4 clovefresh garlic, cliced
How to Make Chicken Caccatori
- Rinse and quarter both breasts
OR Quarter a whole chicken or 2
- SLICE onions, peal the skin off 4-5 cloves of fresh garlic. Saute both together (so garlic does not burn) in the same iron fry pan with EVOO REMOVE
- PLACE chicken parts or breasts in same iron fry pan. Brown,turning as necessary Add salt & pepper REMOVE
- Add1 small can of Hunts paste on a low flame to the same iron frying pan. spread paste around until 'melted'
- Pour 2 or 3 cans of Hunts tomato sauce and 1 can of Hunts whole or crushed tomatoes to the paste. STIR. I use Hunts; but if another brand is on sale use whatever floats your boat!
ADD chicken parts or breasts and remaining ingredients, sauted onions and 1 can of mushrroms
- COVER & SIMMER for 1 hour. Stir, if needed.
Serve over wide egg noodles