Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- bone in chicken thighs, 2 large breast can also be used
- 1 medium
- head broccoli, florets removed
- 1 pkg
- boil in bag rice, or 1 1/2 c. cooked rice
- 10 1/2 oz
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, melted
- 2 c
- shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c
- french fried onions
- good pinch salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole
- 1Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water cook over med. high heat until chicken is cooked through (about 25-30 min.). Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool.
- 2Using the same pot, add the broccoli florets to the water the chicken cooked in, cook for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Remove the florets with a slotted spoon to a mixing bowl. Place the bag of rice in the same pot of water and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3When the chicken has cooled, remove it from the bone and shred. Cut the broccoli up into smaller pieces if some of the florets are large. Add the rice and chicken to the broccoli, stir to combine. Add in the soup, milk, melted butter, 1 1/2 C. cheese, French fried onions, salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Pour into a 2.5 quart lightly greased casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until nice and bubbly.