CHICKEN AND FENNEL IN ROSEMARY-WINE BROTH
- 1 lb
- fennel bulbs
- 1 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 tsp
- rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 5 tsp
- all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small
- red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- red or white wine
- 2 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp
- each, salt and pepper, to taste
- loaf of crusty bread or rice to soak up the delicious broth.
How to Make CHICKEN AND FENNEL IN ROSEMARY-WINE BROTH
- 1Trim stalk from fennel.
Quarter lengthwise, then slice crosswise into small pieces, reserve fronds for garnish.
- 2Put chicken on a plate and sprinkle with rosemary, sprinkle with a teaspoon of flour.
Toss to coat.
- 3Hat 1 tsp. oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, but not fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
Transfer to plate
- 4In same skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil.
Add fennel and onions.
Saute until lightly browned and almost tender, about 7 miutes.
- 5Add wine and garlic.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring bottom of pan to scrape up browned bits, until most of wine has evaporated, about 1 minute.
- 6In a small bowl, miox borth with remaining flour
Stir into skillet.
Add salt and papper, and increase heat to high to bring to a boil.Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 1 minute.
Add chicken and cook, tossing often, until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- 7Garnish with fennel fronds.
Serve with crusty bread or over rice ..