Cajun Chicken BLT, Millie's
This recipe is easy to increase to feed a crowd. Grilling the chicken is even better !
* You can season chicken the day before/morning of service. The longer it sits in the fridge the better. Season at least 30 minutes before cooking, so chicken can soak up the flavor.
2 mediumboneless chicken breasts
2-4slices of bacon (i used one per sandwich)
·tony chachere's cajun or creole seasoning, to taste
2 slicesmoked provalone cheese
1/2 tspcoconut oil
1 1/2 Tbspmayonnaise
1 1/2 Tbsphorseraddish mustard
·salt and pepper to taste
2sandwich buns /rolls
How to Make Cajun Chicken BLT, Millie's
- Pound out chicken so that it's thickness is pretty even. Shake Cajun seasonings onto both sides of chicken. The more you use, the spicier it gets (and saltier, so keep that in mind). Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. You can do this part the day before if you want.
- Clean up work area.
In medium pan, fry bacon till crispy. Drain on paper towel. Pour off bacon grease (I save it in a jar) or you can use it to fry chicken in and omit the coconut oil all together.
- While bacon is frying, wash lettuce and dry with paper towel. Slice tomato.
Mix mayo, horseradish mustard and salt & pepper together to taste. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil to pan, unless you want to use the bacon grease. Pan fry chicken in same pan you fried the bacon in. * You can also grill the chicken instead.* About 5-7 minutes per side or till cooked through. Top with smoked provolone cheese.
- Smear mayo and mustard mixture onto rolls/buns. Add chicken and top with bacon, tomato and lettuce. Enjoy !