Cajun Alfredo Chicken- Low Carb
If you aren't doing the low carb thing, just add 8 oz of cooked pasta, and use all of the jar of Alfredo sauce.
How to Make Cajun Alfredo Chicken- Low Carb
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Coat each side of the breasts with Cajun seasoning.
- 2Heat butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium- high heat. Sauté breasts for 3 minutes on each side. When you flip the breasts, tilt pan slightly and spoon some of the butter over chicken several times.
Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- 3While chicken is cooking, chop broccoli and cook.
I microwaved it on high for 4 minutes. Microwave ovens vary, so just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get overcooked.
Seed and dice tomatoes, and slice the green onion.
- 4Remove chicken breasts from the oven, and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and place on plates.
Note: Chicken will be blackened (not burnt).
Top each breast with half of the broccoli.
Heat alfredo sauce in a glass measuring cup in the microwave on high for 25-30 seconds.
Drizzle half of the sauce over each breast.
Top each with half of the tomato and onion, and serve.
* I used Bobby Webb's Cajun Spice Mix. Here's the link to the recipe: CAJUN SPICE MIX
(omit sugar if on low carb diet)
** After reading all the labels on different Alfredo sauces, I decided that Bertolli was the lowest in carbs, with only 2 carbs in 1/4 cup.