Brown Paper Bag Roasted Chicken
6 lbwhole chicken
1 tspmrs. dash garlic and herb seasoning
4 sprig(s)fresh rosemary
3/4 tspsmoked paprika
1/4 colive oil
1 largecarrot, cut into 1/4's
2 stalk(s)celery, each cut into 1/4s
1 largeonion, cut into 1/8s
How to Make Brown Paper Bag Roasted Chicken
- Combine the olive oil and seasoning, except for the rosemary, and set aside for at least 30 minutes to mingle flavors.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Rinse chicken and remove any extra fat deposits; dry well.
- Rub chicken with olive oil mixture; put cut up vegetables and the rosemary into the chicken cavity; Put chicken, breast side down, in heavy brown paper bag; close the bag and put it into a roasting pan. (you can use a metal binder, or an oven proof plastic bag tie, or just very tightly twist the ends of the bag, and fold under the chicken.
- Bake for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. (My 6# chicken should take the whole 3-1/2 hours)