Black and Blue Salad
- 3 c
- romaine hearts (torn into bite size pieces)
- 3/4 c
- carrot, shredded (matchsticks)
- cucumber - peeled, seeded, and diced
- celery stalks- sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp
- light sour cream
- 1/2 c
- fat-free buttermilk
- 2/3 c
- blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 small
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/4 tsp
- truvia (stevia)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp
- cajun seasoning
How to Make Black and Blue Salad
- 1Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake well to combine. Store in the fridge until you are ready to dress your salads.
- 2Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Place in between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound out until uniform thickness, about 1/2 inch.
Coat breasts with Cajun seasoning- I used Bobby Webb's Cajun spice mix- check out his recipe here on JAP.
Spray pan with cooking spray- I like Pompeians 100% Grapeseed Oil spray- it's all natural, low-cal, and has a high smoke point.
Heat pan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook breasts about 3-4 minutes each side, or until no longer pink.
Transfer to a plate and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- 3While the chicken is resting, get your salads assembled.
Cut breasts into bite-size pieces, and place on salads.
Shake dressing and use a spoon to drizzle over salads.
You can garnish with some chopped green onions or chives if you like.