Asiago Chicken in a White Wine Mushroom Sauce
Diane Hopson Smith
This is another nice low carb recipe. If I'm going to stick with any diet, it has to taste good and this definitely was not lacking in good flavor.
Hope you enjoy!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This makes a very impressive presentation. I served this with fresh steamed broccoli and it was a hit in my house! The Asiago cheese puts this dish over the top. And the white wine sauce was superb. This is easy enough for a work week meal, but elegant enough for a special dinner party. The Test Kitchen
2 largelarge skinless and boneless chicken breast (about 1 lb)
1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspall-purpose seasoning
2 Tbspevoo (extra virgin olive oil)
2(4-oz) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
1heaping teaspoon jarred minced garlic
1 cdry white wine (I used Chablis)
1/2 cchicken broth
1 tspthyme, dried
1/4 cAsiago cheese, grated
1/2 cheavy cream
How to Make Asiago Chicken in a White Wine Mushroom Sauce
- Combine flour, seasoning salt, paprika, salt and pepper; dredge chicken pieces in flour.
NOTE: I know that there are carbs in flour, however, even though this calls for 1/2 cup, you will be using very little of that, maybe 2 Tbsp for all the chicken pieces.
NOTE: I cut breast in half if they are large. If you have small pieces, you will need 4.
- In large skillet over a medium heat, heat 2 Tbsp butter with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Fry chicken about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to hot skillet. Add mushroom and garlic and saute until mushrooms begin to brown. Add wine, broth and thyme.
- Add chicken back to pan, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and add cheese and cream. Cook, stirring constantly until cheese has melted. Continue cooking until reduced by 1/2. It will thickened as liquid cooks out.
- Add chicken back to sauce and heat just until chicken is good and warm.
- Serve over a cauliflower mash (for low carb) or over pasta or mashed potatoes.