Unspecified Asian-ish Hamburger Thing
This is an unauthentic Thai inspired but adaptable dish. Kids wanted 'hamburger-macaroni thing' for dinner. I added roasted eggplant to beef up the dish (haha, get it?) & increase the veggie content since I only had 1 lb of ground beef. Tonight I tried Thai flavors: garlic, lime & chili. I didn't have enough rice noodles so I made basmati rice. Not sure they eat basmati in Thailand but it's quick cooking! For a change, try curry powder or Italian seasonings! Use ginger, soy sauce & sesame oil = Chinese! Easy & fun - enjoy! (we had NO leftovers)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1eggplant, cubed (peeled or unpeeled - your choice)
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1large onion, chopped
1/4 cgarlic, chopped
1=2 lbground beef
1/2 clime juice
1 Tbspthai basil (or whatever you have handy)
1/4-1/2 csambal oelek (chili paste)
4 - 6 crice noodles or rice, cooked
·salt to taste
How to Make Unspecified Asian-ish Hamburger Thing
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil & spray with oil. Add cubes of eggplant in a single layer. Spray the eggplant with cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Over medium high heat, saute chopped onion until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic & ground beef. Stir & crumble beef thoroughly until cooked.
- Add seasonings of choice (see Personal Note). Simmer on low heat while preparing starchy component. Stir occasionally.
- Add roasted eggplant to ground beef mixture.
- Cook rice noodle, rice, pasta...whatever... according to package directions or to taste.
- Check beef mixture for seasoning & adjust as necessary. Serve over starchy component of choice.