3 lbpotatoes, waxy gold, such as yukon gold
4 tspunsalted butter
1 cfresh breadcrumbs, toasted until golden brown
1/2 cwhole milk
1 cfrshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
1 bunchflat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
4 ozasiago, grated
1/2 lbsweet italian salami, cut into 1/4-inch dice. i used small bits of ham instead
How to Make Potato and Salami Cheesecake
- Boil potatoes for about 45 min. or until tender. This recipe state to peel after they cooked I didn't I peeled and quartered them and they were fine. So either way.
- Butter the bottom and sides of 12-inch springform pan , bottom and sides.
Then dust the bottom and sides with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drain and peel the potatoes and pass them through a food mill or ricer into a very large bowl. ( I gently used a masher to break them up and used a hand mixture the mix when I added the egg mixture below instead of food mill and it worked great.)
- Gently stir in the egg mixture, do not overstir, just bring it all together.
- Place half of the potato mixture in the prepared pan and gently smooth it to the edges.
Sprinkle the grated Asiago over the potato mixture to within 1/4 inch of the outer edge. but not over.
Top with the remaining potato mixture and carefully smooth it over with a wet spatula.
Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup breadcrumbs and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until light golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 min.
Unmold onto a serving plate and cut into wedges like a cheesecake to serve.
- I came back in and did an edit on this by adding a masher and hand mixer and I used ham instead, but this turned out wonderfully and was really pretty easy to make.
It makes a lot and is smooth and cheesy.