- 1 medium
- spray 1 med. eggplant/ trimmed, sliced lengthwise in 1/4 thick slices w/ 1 beaten egg
- 2 large
- 1/4 c
- fresh basil cut into strips
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 4 c
- marinara sauce
- 1/2 lb
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 lb
- part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large
How to Make NO-NOODLE VEGETABLE LASAGNA
- 1To roast vegetables, preheat oven to 400 F. Coat two
baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 2Place eggplant on one prepared baking sheet and
place zucchini on other prepared baking sheet; coat
vegetables with cooking spray.
- 3Roast 8 minutes; turn
over vegetables and roast for 7 to 10 minutes more.
(total roasting time should not exceed 20 minutes or the
vegetables will get too mushy); remove from oven and
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine egg,
ricotta cheese, basil and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese;
- 5When vegetables are done, reduce oven temperature
- 6To assemble lasagna, coat bottom and sides of a
14” X 8” baking dish with cooking spray. Spread a thin
layer of sauce (about 1/4 to a cup) on bottom of pan.
- 7Layer eggplant over sauce (use all the slices, even if
you have to overlap them).
- 8Cover eggplant with half of marinara sauce and then spread half of ricotta mixture on top; sprinkle with half of mozzarella cheese.
- 9Top mozzarella cheese with zucchini and cover zucchini
with remaining marinara sauce; spread with remaining
ricotta mixture and then sprinkle with remaining
- 10Bake until bottom starts to bubble, about 35 to 40
- 11Remove lasagna from oven and allow it to rest
for about 15 to 20 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.
Yields 1 piece per serving.
- 12NOTE: Use a mandoline to slice the vegetables,
if possible. If you do not have a mandoline and
cannot cut long, even slices of the eggplant and
zucchini with your knife, you can slice them into
1/4-inch rounds instead.