Chicken Pot Pie, Fast and Easy
1rotisserie chicken, any brand, cut in half and one half cubed. save remaining half for chicken enchiladas or other desired dish
1/3 conion, chopped
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 can(s)(10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)29 oz size canned veggies
1 can(s)fill soup can with any choice of milk other than skim milk
1/2 cchicken broth
1/2 pkgboxed and rolled pie crust
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie, Fast and Easy
- In saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and soup mixture. Stir until thickened.
- Add chicken and vegetables to flour and soup mixture.
- Pour all into a deep 2 quart casserole dish.
- Unroll pie crust according to package directions and place on top of chicken mixture. Fold over edges.
- Brush with egg white if desired. Make several slits in the crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.