Tracy Sander's 48 Hour Brisket
- 3 oz
- liquid smoke flavoring
- 6 lb
- meat tenderizer, seasoned or plain
- celery salt
- onion salt
- garlic salt
- worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz
- bottle favorite barbeque sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
How to Make Tracy Sander's 48 Hour Brisket
- 1In large 9 x 13 pan, pour a 3 oz. bottle of liquid smoke over about a 6 lb. brisket.
- 2Sprinkle meat with good amount of tenderizer, celery salt, onion salt, and garlic salt.
- 3Cover with foil and refrigerate over-night.
- 4Next day uncover and pour off liquid then discard.
- 5Sprinkle both sides of meat with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce , generously.
- 6Cover with new foil. Seal and bake for 5 hours at 275 degrees.
- 7Uncover and pour 6 oz bottle of favorite bbq sauce over meat. Bake 1 hour more.
- 8Remove meat and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- 9The secret is to then chill overnight cool sauce.
- 10Skim off fat. Add 2 T. flour and up to 1/2 c. water to BBQ sauce. Slice meat and pour over meat and reheat. Enjoy!