Tracy Sander's 48 Hour Brisket
3 ozliquid smoke flavoring
·meat tenderizer, seasoned or plain
6 ozbottle favorite barbeque sauce
How to Make Tracy Sander's 48 Hour Brisket
- In large 9 x 13 pan, pour a 3 oz. bottle of liquid smoke over about a 6 lb. brisket.
- Sprinkle meat with good amount of tenderizer, celery salt, onion salt, and garlic salt.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate over-night.
- Next day uncover and pour off liquid then discard.
- Sprinkle both sides of meat with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce , generously.
- Cover with new foil. Seal and bake for 5 hours at 275 degrees.
- Uncover and pour 6 oz bottle of favorite bbq sauce over meat. Bake 1 hour more.
- Remove meat and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- The secret is to then chill overnight cool sauce.
- Skim off fat. Add 2 T. flour and up to 1/2 c. water to BBQ sauce. Slice meat and pour over meat and reheat. Enjoy!