☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbsteak meat (cut into small, almost diced) pieces
2 cdiced potatoes
2 cdiced carrots
1 largeonion diced
1 tsponion powder
·thyme and tarragon to taste
6-8 Tbspbutter cut up
1recipe for best pie crust
How to Make Steak Pasties
- prepare pie crust and set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat, vegetables and the seasonings. Divide into 6-8 portions, set aside.
- Divide the prepared crust into 6 (large) or 8 (medium) equal pieces. Roll each into a large circle about 1/4" thick.
- On one half of each circle, place equal amounts of the meat-vegetable mixture. Place a piece of butter on the top of the mixture. Brush the edges of the crust with water. Carefully lift and fold the crust over the mixture, making a half circle. Fold the edge up just a bit and finger crimp together. Make two slits about 1/2" long in each top of the pasties.
- Brush the pasties with milk and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about an hour or until they are a deep GOLDEN BROWN.
- Can serve with brown gravy and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy