Southwestern Beef Chili Stew( crockpot )
I have a group here too.
We love Mexican recipes but not too spicy.
This one is a great meal warmer you will enjoy.
- 2 lb
- lean beef cubes cut into bite size chunks 1/2 inch
- 2 c
- onions chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- 2 can(s)
- fire roasted canned tomatoes (14.5 each)
- 4 can(s)
- diced green chilies ( i use mild) 4 ounce size
- 2 c
- corn frozen
- 3 tsp
- oregano, dried ( crushed)
- 2 tsp
- cumin ground
- 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes/ground
- 1 Tbsp
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp
- yellow cornmeal (added at end then simmered 20-25 minutes
How to Make Southwestern Beef Chili Stew( crockpot )
- 1Brown beef in a little olive oil
- 2Mix all spices and salt and red crushed pepper with the tomatoes and green chilies.
Add cocoa to this and corn and garlic and onions
- 3Place beef in bottom of crockpot
- 4Cover with the mixture of spices and veggies
- 5Cover and simmer on LOW about 6 hours
- 6Mix in corn
Meal to sauce and beef
- 7Cover continue to simmer about 20-25 more minutes to thicken up
- 8Serve with warm bread or biscuits
I like this over cooked rice or noodles.
- 9I will add photos next time I make this for you.
It is a good comfort food if you love a bit of spice!