Southwestern Beef Chili Stew( crockpot )
I have a group here too.
We love Mexican recipes but not too spicy.
This one is a great meal warmer you will enjoy.
2 lblean beef cubes cut into bite size chunks 1/2 inch
2 conions chopped
4 clovegarlic minced
2 can(s)fire roasted canned tomatoes (14.5 each)
4 can(s)diced green chilies ( i use mild) 4 ounce size
2 ccorn frozen
3 tsporegano, dried ( crushed)
2 tspcumin ground
2 tspchili powder
1 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspred pepper flakes/ground
1 Tbspcocoa, unsweetened
3 Tbspbrown sugar
4 Tbspyellow cornmeal (added at end then simmered 20-25 minutes
How to Make Southwestern Beef Chili Stew( crockpot )
- Brown beef in a little olive oil
- Mix all spices and salt and red crushed pepper with the tomatoes and green chilies.
Add cocoa to this and corn and garlic and onions
- Place beef in bottom of crockpot
- Cover with the mixture of spices and veggies
- Cover and simmer on LOW about 6 hours
- Mix in corn
Meal to sauce and beef
- Cover continue to simmer about 20-25 more minutes to thicken up
- Serve with warm bread or biscuits
I like this over cooked rice or noodles.
- I will add photos next time I make this for you.
It is a good comfort food if you love a bit of spice!