Southern Country-style Steak
How to Make Southern Country-style Steak
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute onion and mushrooms (if desired) until tender. Remove onion and mushrooms from skillet , leaving the oil, and set aside.
- Flour the steak. Place in the oil in skillet. (you may need to add a little more oil)
- Brown the steak on all sides.
- When browned, add the milk and enough water to cover. Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Return mushrooms and onion to skillet. Simmer, stirring often, to keep from sticking.
- Cook until meat is done and tender and gravy forms. If the gravy get too thick add a little water.