1 lbcube steak (about 4-6 pieces)
2 mediumonions, sliced and separated into rings
4 ozsliced mushrooms
4 Tbspall purpose flour
2 can(s)(10 1/2 oz) beef consomme
1/2 cwhite wine
·hot cooked rice (optional)
How to Make Smothered Steak
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in pan over medium high heat. sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper and brown in butter. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushroom and onion to pan drippings and cook until tender.
- Add remaining butter to pan to melt. Sprinkle flour over onion and mushrooms; stir well.
- Gradually add consomme and wine. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Place steaks in onion mixture; cover and simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until steaks are tender. Serve over rice if desired.