☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbground beef
3 lbpotatoes, mashed
1 lbmixed vegetables, frozen
1 1/2 csour cream
1 mediumonions, vidalia, peeled
6 tspgarlic, chopped
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
2 Tbspmelted butter
2 stalk(s)scallions, sliced for garnish
How to Make Shepherd's Pie
- In a large fry pan, brown the ground beef with 2 tsp garlic, chopped and onion, chopped.
- Drain most of the fat from the ground beef.
Add the cream of mushroom soup, and the milk to the browned ground beef. Mix well.
- Incorporate the frozen mixed vegetables into the ground beef.
- Put this mixture into a 9" x 13" pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix mashed potatoes, 4 tsp garlic, and sour cream.
***If in a hurry, you can use 2 containers of pre-made mashed potatoes - the kind in the refrigerated section. Get 1 regular and 1 garlic and mix together. Eliminate 4 tsp. garlic from the ingredients.**
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the ground beef mixture so that it is even. Optional to garnish with sliced scallion (green onion) and melted butter.
- Bake @ 350F (325F if glass pan) for 35 minutes or until the gravy bubbles through the potatoes.