☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- 3 lb
- potatoes, mashed
- 1 lb
- mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 medium
- onions, vidalia, peeled
- 6 tsp
- garlic, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 2 stalk(s)
- scallions, sliced for garnish
How to Make Shepherd's Pie
- 1In a large fry pan, brown the ground beef with 2 tsp garlic, chopped and onion, chopped.
- 2Drain most of the fat from the ground beef.
Add the cream of mushroom soup, and the milk to the browned ground beef. Mix well.
- 3Incorporate the frozen mixed vegetables into the ground beef.
- 4Put this mixture into a 9" x 13" pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 5Mix mashed potatoes, 4 tsp garlic, and sour cream.
***If in a hurry, you can use 2 containers of pre-made mashed potatoes - the kind in the refrigerated section. Get 1 regular and 1 garlic and mix together. Eliminate 4 tsp. garlic from the ingredients.**
- 6Spread the mashed potatoes over the ground beef mixture so that it is even. Optional to garnish with sliced scallion (green onion) and melted butter.
- 7Bake @ 350F (325F if glass pan) for 35 minutes or until the gravy bubbles through the potatoes.