- 4 Tbsp
- slices of bacon
- pickle spears
- 2 lb
- 2 lbs top round or flank steak, thinly sliced into 8 strips (1/4" thick)
- 1/4 c
- pickle juice
- 2 c
- beef broth (enough to cover rolled meat)
- shredded onion
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Rouladen
- 1Salt and pepper one side of every beef slice. Then spread mustard on. Then add one slice of bacon per beef slice. Add shredded onion. Then place pickle spear at one end of beef slice and roll up. Secure with tooth pick or twine. Repeat for each beef slice.
- 2Chop remaining bacon slice. Fry till crispy in dutch oven. Set aside the cooked bacon leaving the drippings behind. Brown beef rolls in bacon drippings.
- 3Add beef beef broth to pot; enough to almost cover the beef rolls. Add pickle juice and return cooked bacon bits.
- 4Cover and bring to boil. Lower heat to bring to a low simmer. Cook for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
(optional: after browning beef rolls finish recipe in crock pot let cook for 4 hours)