Rick's Bacon Cheeseburger Bake
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3/4 c
- red onion, diced
- 3 clove
- 1 tsp
- coarse sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp
- black pepper
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 1/2 c
- tomato sauce (spicy as option)
- 1 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz
- rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 c
- cheese, shredded (mexican style)
- 1/2 c
- dill pickle slices
- 1 c
- tomatoes, diced
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 c
- tomato, diced, used in casserole
GARNISH AND TOPPINGS
How to Make Rick's Bacon Cheeseburger Bake
- 1In a large skillet heat oil over medium - low heat and add the onion, garlic and a pinch or two of salt and pepper, cook until onions are translucent.
- 2Turn the heat up to medium and add ground chuck, season it with salt and pepper and crumble as it cooks.
Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions in plenty of salted water to al dente (firm to the bite).
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole pan.
When the ground beef is cooked through remove from heat. Drain off the grease.
Stir in tomato sauce, the vinegar,1/2 cup tomatoes, the pasta and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
Spoon the mixture into the casserole pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Bake until bubbly 20 - 25 minutes.
- 4To serve, garnish the top with the crumbled bacon.
Add pickles, tomatoes and onions by request, fresh at time of serving.