Picadillo, Cuban Ground Beef
1/4 colive oil
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 largeonion, chopped
1 largegreen bell pepper, chopped
2 lblean ground beef
15 ozcan diced tomatoes with the juice (or 2 large very ripe tomatoes if you have them!)
1/2 tspground cumin
·salt and pepper
1 Tbspapple cider vinegar
1 Tbsptomato paste
3/4 cpimento stuffed green olives, sliced
How to Make Picadillo, Cuban Ground Beef
- Saute onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender
- Add the ground beef and brown, breaking the meat up. Drain the fat if you like but it's not traditional to do so.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, salt and pepper, and vinegar. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Add the olives and capers and warm through.
- Serve over white rice
- Note - Many recipes call for a cup of raisins.