HOME MADE PASTRAMI
The serving size is dependent on how hungry you are..could be used as a deli meat in a salad or sandwiches, a main meal..whatever !
1/4 ckosher salt
1/4 c1/4 cup paprika
3 Tbspcilantro (coriander) seeds
3 Tbspbrown sugar
2 Tbspblack peppercorns
2 Tbspyellow mustard seeds
1 Tbspwhite peppercorns
8 clovegarlic, minced
1corned beef joint
How to Make HOME MADE PASTRAMI
- Soak the corned beef for a few hours to get some of the salt out of the meat (or it is too salty)
- MAKE THE RUB:
Grind up the coriander seeds, peppercorns and mustard seeds coarsely. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Once the beef has soaked remove it and let it drain - then pat it dry and put the rub all over the outside to form a crust.
- Following this it needs to be smoked.
We hot smoked it…
So we put the smoker in the BBQ – we used Manuka chips to smoke it (basically needs to be a mild smoke) but you could put a tray in the BBQ with the wood chips in and cook the joint i the BBQ ona medium heat.
- Once the internal temp of the meat is 165 F then it’s absorbed the amount of smoke it will need.
- You can either eat it hot or let it chill and then thinly slice it.