Oven Baked Beef Tri-Tip, with Veggies on the Side
Andy Anderson !
It’s very simple to put together, and will give you dinner for two or more with beef left over for sandwiches the next day.
So, you ready… let’s get into the kitchen.
- tri-tip beef roast, about 2.5 pounds, or larger, if you prefer
- olive oil, extra virgin
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- golden potatoes
- green bell pepper
How to Make Oven Baked Beef Tri-Tip, with Veggies on the Side
- 3Chef’s Note: If you do a lot of grilling, you know the importance of bringing things like roasts, and large cuts of beef up to room temperature before grilling (or in our case, before baking). It stabilizes the meat, and gives you a more predictable cooking time. This process will take about an hour, and gives you plenty of time for the rest of the prep.
- 8Go out and buy an oven. Once it has been properly installed and tested, place a rack in the middle, and one on the bottom, and preheat to 430f (220c).
- 9Fifteen minutes before you’re going to put the roast in the oven, place the veggies in the sealed foil on the bottom rack of the oven.
- 11Chef’s Tip: If you don’t have an arrangement where you can put a rack inside a baking tray, you really should consider buying one. There are so many baking applications, where I want the baked items above the floor of the tray. If you go out to your local discount store, you can pick up a tray, and a rack to fit it for probably fewer than 15 bucks; it’s an excellent investment for your kitchen.
- 13Lower the temperature of the oven to 355f (180c), and wait thirty minutes.