New York Steak with Garlic Cheese Sauce
mmmummmm You won't be sorry.
I like to use red wine in this recipe, but you may substitute with white if you prefer. I hope you will enjoy this special dish.
- new york strip steaks, 1/2 lb each
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- cup green onion, minced
- cup red wine
- cup half-and-half cream
- cup boursin cheese or 3?4 cup cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- tablespoons parsley, minced
How to Make New York Steak with Garlic Cheese Sauce
- 1Sear steaks in hot oil, until cooked to your preference.
- 2Remove steaks, cover and keep warm.
- 3In same pan saute onions for 2 minutes, add wine and cook over high heat until reduced to 1 tbsp.
- 4Add half and half cream and boil until reduced by half.
- 5Stir in Boursin cheese or garlic cream cheese until the sauce is thick and hot.
- 6Pour sauce over hot steaks, garnish with parsley.