New York Steak with Garlic Cheese Sauce
mmmummmm You won't be sorry.
I like to use red wine in this recipe, but you may substitute with white if you prefer. I hope you will enjoy this special dish.
4new york strip steaks, 1/2 lb each
2tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4cup green onion, minced
1/4cup red wine
3/4cup half-and-half cream
3/4cup boursin cheese or 3?4 cup cream cheese with garlic and herbs
2tablespoons parsley, minced
How to Make New York Steak with Garlic Cheese Sauce
- Sear steaks in hot oil, until cooked to your preference.
- Remove steaks, cover and keep warm.
- In same pan saute onions for 2 minutes, add wine and cook over high heat until reduced to 1 tbsp.
- Add half and half cream and boil until reduced by half.
- Stir in Boursin cheese or garlic cream cheese until the sauce is thick and hot.
- Pour sauce over hot steaks, garnish with parsley.