New Years Boiled Dinner
Remember, cabbage for cash (green), carrots for coins,potatoes to stay fed, black eyed peas for luck and anything that rises doubles it! I'm not superstitious, it is just a lot of fun. And it's tasty! This recipe can be made on the stove or Crock pot. I make mine in a crock pot so I can watch Twilight Zone all day!
How to Make New Years Boiled Dinner
- 1Rinse cabbage, tear off any bad leaves, cut in pieces, discarding heart. Set aside
- 2peel potatoes and cut into chunks, place in water set aside.
- 3Cut Sausage in four inch pieces. Set aside
- 4In crock pot begin layering cabbage, carrots, potatoes and sausage.
- 5Once all ingredients have been layered add enough water to half fill crock pot but not cover ingredients, as cabbage cooks out water. Set crock pot to high. Cook four hours or until cabbage and potatoes are cooked.