Nana's Burgundy Beef
- lb bacon, diced and fried
- lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes, dredged in seasoned flour
- cup carrot, sweet, diced
- cup celery, sliced
- cup onion, coarsely chopped
- cup potato, diced
- tablespoons ketchup, tomato
- cups red wine, burgundy is best
- bay leaf
- garlic cloves
- teaspoon salt (for seasoning flour)
- teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (for seasoning flour)
How to Make Nana's Burgundy Beef
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Brown the floured and seasoned beef in the hot bacon fat.
- 3Place the vegetables and ketchup in a saucepan, pour in the wine to cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Put the browned meat and vegetable mixture into a covered casserole, add the bay leaf and the garlic and bake for 2 hours.
- 6Remove and cool then place in fridge.
- 7Let sit overnight in the fridge and warm the next day for best results.
- 8Lovely served as is or over steamed rice or noodles.