Mousaka casserol layered with a twist!
- ground beef
- small eggplant
- small sized yukon gold potatoes
- medium diced onion by hand
- tablespoons fresh cut parsley tops,flat leaf type
- garlic clove sliced thin put in tablespoon of olive oil in a eggcup(i use this cause its handy)
- teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- ounces pizza sauce,half a jar
- inch baking dish,very lightly buttered
- 1 1/2
- cups of bechamel sauce
How to Make Mousaka casserol layered with a twist!
- 1In a non stick fry pan pre heat to medium and put in olive oil and garlic from the cup stir for less than 15 seconds so it does not burn but is light brown.
- 2Add ground beef and diced onions together brown and drain grease, set aside.
- 3Put ground beef mixture into pan again with 1/2 jar of pizza sauce, stir 5 mins. at lower heat so pizza sauce won't burn then put in a bowl, add parsley in and set aside.
- 4Now make your béchamel sauce I used 1 1/2 cups from one of the many on just a pinch.
- 5Using a small food processor with a salad shooter, peel and slice potatoes,layer in a very lightly buttered casserole dish.
- 6Pour béchamel sauce on potatoes.
- 7Now put quartered raw eggplant top and bottoms removed into salad shooter, layer on top.
- 8Put ground beef mixture to cover all of raw eggplant.
- 9Use grater attachment on processor to grate 4 oz of mozzarella - low moisture part skim, comes in block form.
- 10Sprinkle on top cover, tightly cover with heavy foil.
- 11Bake at 375 for 50 minutes total, uncover last 5 to 7 minutes.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature.