Mexican Pot Roast
1 Tbspvegetable oil
(1) 3 lblean boneless beef chuck roast
(1) 14.5oz can(s)whole tomatoes, chopped, undrained
(1) 4oz can(s)chopped green chilies
(1) 1 1/4 ozenvelope dry taco seasoning mix
1beef bouillon cube, crushed
1 Tbsplight brown sugar
How to Make Mexican Pot Roast
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add roast and brown 3 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. In a small bowl combine tomatoes and their juice,chilies,taco mix,bouillon,and brown sugar. Mix well. Pour over pot roast.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 3 to 3-1/2 hours,or until roast is fork-tender.
Remove roast to a cutting board. In a small bowl,combine water and cornstarch. Slowly pour into tomato mixture in soup pot and stir until sauce thickens. Slice roast across grain and serve topped with sauce.