MEATY MEAL IN ONE BAKED BEANS W/SPLENDA
Rose Mary Mogan
This recipe came about because the beans were given to me by a friend & neighbor. I had all of the other ingredients. WHAT TO DO WITH A GALLON OF BAKED BEANS. I told her I would make them & give her half for her family.
I already have 5 recipes posted for Baked Beans, & because my friend has 2 family members that are Diabetic & I am too, I decided to try making these using a zero calorie sweetener. A new twist with less calories.
They RAVED THAT THESE WERE THE BEST BAKED BEANS THEY EVER HAD.
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste 6 ounce
- 1/2 c
- grandma's molasses
- 1 c
- yellow mustard
- 36 oz
- barbeque sauce (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 40 oz
- catsup (about 5 cups)
- 1 can(s)
- baked beans (7 lbs. 3 oz.)
- 2 large
- onions, chopped
- 2 large
- bell peppers, chopped ( i like using green )
- 1 1/2 c
- zero calorie sweetener (such as splenda)
- 3 lb
- bacon ends & pieces (remove the rind if it's slab bacon ends)
- 1 lb
- regular bacon slices (partially cooked for top)
- 5 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 1 1/2-2 Tbsp
- liquid smoke (optional) i was out, but would have used it
How to Make MEATY MEAL IN ONE BAKED BEANS W/SPLENDA
- 1This recipe is very similar to my FAMILY'S ALL TIME FAVORITE FAMILY REUNION BAKED BEAN RECIPE THAT I HAVE BEEN MAKING MORE THAN 45 YEARS, IT JUST HAS MORE MEAT AND USES A zero calorie sweetener, instead of sugar. THERE IS NO BROWN SUGAR IN THIS RECIPE. YOU CAN CUT THE RECIPE IN HALF IF YOU ARE COOKING FOR LESS PEOPLE. THEY ALSO FREEZE WELL, BUT I NEVER HAVE ANY TO FREEZE. Add liquid smoke if you have it for that smoky flavor, I was out of it & didn't use any. But the bacon ends had some smoky flavor. Preheat OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F. Recipe has LESS SUGAR than traditional Baked Beans, but DOES NOT HAVE LESS CALORIES.
- 9I find it much easier to cook the ends and pieces on a large platter lined with paper towel then covered with a second double layer of paper towel. cook till crisp. Cut cup the pieces of bacon if needed, or process in a food processor. Remove the rind if using slab bacon ends & pieces BEFORE COOKING. IT IS EASIER. Repeat until all of the bacon ends has been cooked.