Lime Beef with Eggplant
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbflat iron steak (shoulder top blade steak), or skirt steak
2 tspsalt, divided
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1onion, thinly sliced
6plumb tomatoes, diced
1 Tbspchili garlic paste
1/4 cchopped cilantro
How to Make Lime Beef with Eggplant
- Slice steak into 1/4 inch slices, toss with lime juice and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in wok. Brown beef until moisture reduces and beef browns; 6-8 minutes.
- Remove beef from pan and cook onions until browned on medium-high heat; 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with eggplant and continue cooking until moisture reduces and vegetables are tender; 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic chili paste and return beef to pan. Season with remaining salt, if needed. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cilantro.