Lime Beef with Eggplant
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- flat iron steak (shoulder top blade steak), or skirt steak
- 2 tsp
- salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- onion, thinly sliced
- plumb tomatoes, diced
- eggplant, cubed
- 1 Tbsp
- chili garlic paste
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro
How to Make Lime Beef with Eggplant
- 1Slice steak into 1/4 inch slices, toss with lime juice and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in wok. Brown beef until moisture reduces and beef browns; 6-8 minutes.
- 2Remove beef from pan and cook onions until browned on medium-high heat; 4-5 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes with eggplant and continue cooking until moisture reduces and vegetables are tender; 12-15 minutes.
- 4Stir in garlic chili paste and return beef to pan. Season with remaining salt, if needed. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and top with cilantro.