Last Minute Meat Balls with Mushroom Gravy
This dish comes together quickly and is absolutely delicious.
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 largeonion, chopped
1/2 lbsliced mushrooms
2 Tbspall purpose flour
2 cbeef stock (liquid or made from cubes)
·s & p to taste
12prepared small meatballs
USE THE MEATBALLS NIRVANA RECIPE TO MAKE LITTLE MEATBALLS TO FREEZE.
How to Make Last Minute Meat Balls with Mushroom Gravy
- Melt butter and oil in skillet. Add chopped onions and lightly brown over medium heat. Put lightly browned onions on a plate to be used in a following step.
- Using same skillet add extra oil if necessary and brown the sliced mushrooms. Do not salt the mushrooms at this point. (Salt would make them lose moisture, they would boil and not brown.)
place on the plate with the onions.
- To make gravy: add the 2 tbsp. butter (or oil) to empty skillet and melt, add flour and stir to blend so there are no lumps. Slowly add stock mixing vigorously so as to have a smooth gravy. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken. If gravy is too thick, add some water or stock to thin out. Season to taste. You may not need to add salt if stock is salty.
- Add onions and mushrooms back into skillet and mix.
- Add pre-prepared meatballs to skillet and heat through.
Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta noodles.