Jack n Blue Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 12 slice
- of bacon
- About 2.5 lb
- 85/15 ground beef
- 8 oz
- shreded monterey jack cheese
- 3 oz
- crumbled blue cheese
- 2 - 3 tsp
- webber blazin; burger seasoning or seasoning of choice
- bolillo rolls or burger bun of choice
- lettuce and tomato
- blue cheese salad dressing (ken's is our favorite) or mayonaise, your choice to spread on bun, catsup, dill pickle relish, or whatever you like on your burger
- 1 large
- yellow onion, diced
How to Make Jack n Blue Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 1Divide ground beef into 12 equal portions. On wax paper squares, flatten out each into a thin patty about 4 inches round. On 6 of them, put 1/6 of the jack and 1/6 of the blue cheese crumbles. Top with remaining patties and seal well around the edges. Season patties and chill in fridge until ready to grill.
- 2Cut bacon slices in half and bake on a rack in the oven @ 375 degrees until crispy.
Peel and dice onion and saute in a cpl Tablespoons of bacon fat until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Prepare lettuce, slice tomatoes, and slice buns in half and ready for the grill.
Grill burgers until done. Grill buns until lightly toasted. I like mine with blue cheese salad dressing spread on the bun before grilling and toasting them. Then I add caramelized onions, catsup, dill pickle relish, lettuce and tomato...and 4 half slices of bacon, and the burger patty. Yummm