HOT TACO DIP for a Crowd
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 mediumonion, diced
2 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix (divided, 1/2 pkg. & 1 1/2 pkg.)
1 1/2 csalsa, tomato-based (your favorite)
1 can(s)refried beans
1/4 cchopped fresh chives or green onion tops
8 ozsharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 mediumfresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 smallcan sliced black olives (optional)
·sour cream (optional)
1fresh jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
·shredded lettuce (optional)
·tortilla chips for serving
How to Make HOT TACO DIP for a Crowd
- Lightly grease a 9"x13" casserole with cooking oil spray or butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in middle position.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, thoroughly cook ground beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucent; drain, return to skillet and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 package of taco seasoning mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bottom of casserole and set aside.
- Add remaining seasoning mix and salsa to meat; mix well and simmer over medium-low heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add refried beans and mix well to combine.
- Spread meat mixture over cream cheese in dish.
- Sprinkle with half the chives or green onions.
- Evenly distribute cheese over the top and then top with the chopped tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven; garnish with remainder of chives or green onions and your choice of optional ingredients.