HOT TACO DIP for a Crowd
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix (divided, 1/2 pkg. & 1 1/2 pkg.)
- 1 1/2 c
- salsa, tomato-based (your favorite)
- 1 can(s)
- refried beans
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium
- fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small
- can sliced black olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- fresh jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- tortilla chips for serving
How to Make HOT TACO DIP for a Crowd
- 1Lightly grease a 9"x13" casserole with cooking oil spray or butter.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in middle position.
- 3In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, thoroughly cook ground beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucent; drain, return to skillet and set aside.
- 4In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 package of taco seasoning mix until light and fluffy.
- 5Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bottom of casserole and set aside.
- 6Add remaining seasoning mix and salsa to meat; mix well and simmer over medium-low heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 7Add refried beans and mix well to combine.
- 8Spread meat mixture over cream cheese in dish.
- 9Sprinkle with half the chives or green onions.
- 10Evenly distribute cheese over the top and then top with the chopped tomatoes.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven; garnish with remainder of chives or green onions and your choice of optional ingredients.