Elaine's Meat Loaf
After the loaf is done you can spread some barbeque sauce or ketchup on the top of the loaf.
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef or a combination of beef, pork and/or turkey
- 1 c
- dry bread crumbs or oatmeal
- shredded carrot
- 1 tsp
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- a few dash(es)
- red pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1 tsp
- herbes de province (or whatever herbs you like)
- 1 medium
- onion chopped
How to Make Elaine's Meat Loaf
- 1Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with one hand. Your hand is the best tool for this. If you use only one hand the other one will be available to add more ingredients or to answer the phone.
Do not overmix or the meatloaf will be tough.
- 2Put in a loaf pan or shape into a loaf shape on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour until instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- 3Leave to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before serving.
This meatloaf slices easily for sandwiches when it is cold. I don't often buy luncheon meats because of the chemicals so this meatloaf is a great substitute for luncheon meats.