We hope you'll try it & like it, too.
1 lbhamburger meat
3links of italian sausage.
2 Tbspdried, chopped onions
3 Tbspgarlic powder
115 oz. can, diced tomatoes
115 oz. can, tomato sauce
2 Tbspdried parsley flakes
1 tspdried basil leaves
124 oz. small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese like for pizza
1 Tbspdried parsley flakes
1 tspdried oregano leaves
1 pkg16 oz., grated mozzarella cheese
1 box16 oz., lasagna noodles, will have left over noodles
How to Make Dawn's Lasagna
- Meat sauce
Cook hamburger meat, sausage, dried chopped onion, &, garlic powder. Drain grease & add tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley flakes, salt, &, basil leaves. Bring this to a boil, then reduce heat & let simmer for 30 minutes. Set aside until needed. Reserve 1 cup for later.
- Cheese sauce.
Mix the cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley flakes, salt,& oregano leaves. Set aside.
- Both of these steps can be done a day ahead of time.
- Put a thin layer of meat sauce on bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook each noodle just until it bends. Then, flatten it before layering it in the baking dish.
Layer noodles in alternating directions. The first layer goes lengthways, the second layer goes crossways.
- After the first layer of noodles, add 1/2 of the meat sauce, then, 1/2 of the cheese sauce.
After the second layer, add the other 1/2 of the meat sauce & the other 1/2 of the cheese sauce.
On the top layer of noodles, add the reserved meat sauce(this will be a thin layer) & the 16 oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven until golden brown around the edges. About 30 minutes. Then cover with foil to keep it from browning too dark on top. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, let it stand for 20 minutes to settle before cutting.