Crock Pot Corned beef and Cabbage
Anthony Nicometi Jr
This is simmering away as we speak, and only has about a half hour left...smells SO GOOD. And It couldn't be any easier! Serving with traditional Colcannon. (I have a recipe for that!) For a hearty holiday meal!
I hope you've all enjoyed your St. Patricks Day!!
- 4-5 pound corned beef + seasoning packet
- large head of green cabbage
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- ground sage
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- onion powder
How to Make Crock Pot Corned beef and Cabbage
- 1Rinse your corned beef under cold running water for 5 mins
- 2Cut your cabbage in half. Then the Halves in half to make wedges, Depending on the size of your cabbage, you may need to cut the quarters in half as well.
- 3Nestle the cabbage at the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the corned beef on top of the cabbage.
In a small seperste bowl, Place the Mustard, Contents of the seasoning packet, Sage, paprika, and onion powder, and mix to combine. Once combined, spread atop the fat cap side of the corned beef (Yes, the fat side must be up!)
- 4Around the empty spaces of the corned beef, add the Red wine vinegar, and water. Cover, and allow to cook on low for about 8 hours, or on High for 6. Once the time has completed, cut or shred your corned beef, and enjoy!!!
Here's the link to the side dish I made! Perfect for an authentic meal!!!
Colcannon (St Patricks Day)
Enjoy your St. Patricks day everyone!