1-1/2 -2 lbround steak ( tenderized)
1 1/2 cflour
1 1/2 tspcreole seasoning ( i use tony's)
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 largesweet onion cut in stripes
3 - 4 cbeef broth
How to Make Country Fried Steak w/ Onions and Gravy
- If your grocery store doesn't tenderize your meat you need to put it between 2 sheets plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet. Or buy your steak already cut in serving size and tenderized.
- After you tenderizing your steak, cut into steaks.
- In a ziplock bag or bowl mix flour,creole seasoning,garlic,and salt.
- flour your steaks and let set on a plate for 10 min. Then flour them again.
- Heat enough oil just to cover bottom of skillet.Add more if needed.
- Cook until golden on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions to skillet with a little oil. Cook till golden and tender DO NOT BURN ( cook on low heat)
- Return steaks to skillet,pour beef broth over steaks and onions,add bouillon cubes, bring to boil. Turn down to medium.
- In small bowl mix cornstarch with small amounts of cool water until you have a loose paste,like syrup. (NEVER ADD WARM OR HOT WATER TO CORNSTARCH)
- Add the cornstarch paste a spoonful at a time, stirring between each addition. After you add 4 spoonfuls let cook for a few minutes to let thicken. add more if not as thick as you like or if to thick just add more broth.
- Put a top on your skillet and let cook on low for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Or you can put in crockpot on low for 4-6 hours