Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner
You can also put this in the crock pot for about 12 or so hours. Add onion when you have four hours to go, add carrots when you have 2 hours to go and add cabbage when you have an hour to go. you could add cubed potatoes, but my family likes to mix their cabbage with mashed potatoes, so I serve this with the mashed potatoes and biscuits.
How to Make Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner
- 1Place corned beef in a large pot; cover with cold water. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours, skimming fat off liquid when necessary.
- 2Add onions and carrots. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- 3Add cabbage and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove meat to a platter and slice. Arrange Cabbage, Carrots & onions around the sliced brisket.
- 5Season to taste with fresh ground pepper and serve.
- 6For slow cooker/crock pot directions see notes above.
About Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner
You May Also Like:
Show 3 Comments & Reviews