I have included a recipe for the bread dough that I've used. Please feel free to use your favorite, it could even be whole wheat dough.
- 1 lb
- ground beef or venison
- 1 large
- onion, finely chopped
- small head of cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced of finely chopped garic, garlic salt or powder to taste
- light bread dough(hot roll mix may be used)
How to Make Beerocks
- 1Cook beef and onion over low heat until done, but not browned. Place cabbage in small amount of water. After it boils turn to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add to meat, mix well. Add seasoning and cool.
- 2Roll out dough very thin, cut in 5-inch squares. Use a tea strainer to measure filling(approximately 1/3-1/2 cup), press out the liquid in the mixture. Place the filling in the center of dough, rounded side up. Bring opposite points of the dough together making a covering for the filling. Place in shallow pan or on cookie sheet. Let rise until dough is doubled in bulk. Bake @ 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until brown - Yield 6-8 servings.
- 3I have used my cousin's "2 HOUR BUNS" recipe for the dough for the beerocks, also makes great dinner rolls. If using for the beerocks, the 2nd rise would be after they are filled.
2 HOUR BUNS
1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup sugar,2 eggs. 5 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt 1 cup lukewarm water, 2 pkgs. dry yeast 1 tsp. sugar.
Beat in 1 cup boiling water to shortening & sugar. Beat in eggs, add 1 cup lukewarm water in which 2 pkgs. dry yeast & 1 tsp. sugar have been dissolved. Sift in 5 1/2 cups flour and 1 tsp. salt. Stir and let raise 1 hour. Pan and raise 1 more hour. Bake @ 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until brown