Beef Stroganoff N Irish Beer & Farfalle Pasta
Rose Mary Mogan
I used Black Angus Sirloin Tip Steaks, added some Sugar Snap Peas & cooked the Beef in Irish Stout Beer instead of wine, & garnished it with some chopped sweet red bell peppers.
I seasoned the meat with 7 different spices, & allowed it to marinate for 15 minutes to infuse the meat with flavor, this dish was so amazingly good. Even I was surprised.
The Black Angus Beef is the best. This creative presentation really made my husband very happy.
- 4 lb
- lean black angus sirloin tip steak (cut in strips or cubes)
- 8 oz
- fresh sliced mushrooms ( i would have used a pound,but didn't have more)
- 2 bottle
- guinness extra stout beer (24 ounces) or beef broth or consumme
- 2 large
- yellow onions sliced
- 1 lb
- pasta of choice (i used farfalle) bow tie pasta
- 12 oz
- fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 c
- sour cream ( i prefer daisy brand)
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick
- butter (more or less as needed)
- 3 Tbsp
- canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- each steak seasoning, cumin, & granulated garlic
- 2 tsp
- sumac or lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon pepper (no salt added)
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated onion powder
- 2 Tbsp
- hungarian paprika
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Beef Stroganoff N Irish Beer & Farfalle Pasta
- 7Slice onions and separate rings and combine with sliced mushrooms. Then add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of oil to a large skillet, I used a 16 inch skillet, heat over medium high heat, then add sliced onions and mushrooms, and sauté till crisp tender, then remove from skillet and set aside, till needed.
- 9Now return all of the meat to the skillet adding the cooked onion/mushroom mixture. Then turn heat to medium high, add the worcestershire sauce, & the beer,(CAN USE HALF BEEF BROTH OR CONSUMME IF DESIRED) stir , cover and reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, then remove lid. I AM ONLY SHOWING ONE BUT HAD TO ADD TWO.
- 13Serve sauce over noodles with sugar snap peas, or make a beautiful presentation as I did by lining the outer edge of the platter with the sugar snap peas, then carefully add pasta on top, and top pasta with a generous amount of meat sauce. Add chopped red bell peppers at the base of the pasta & serve.